Sunday, May 6, 2007

Study Girl???


Take a good look cause you won't see this very often. :) My "hide away" Friday, Saturday and Sunday..complete with laptop, lamp, snacks, mug of cappuccino and...oh, the book I'm reading!! It's now Sunday night and I have about an hours work left to do on my book report. I think I mentioned previously that we are to do three reports...for those of us who are 20 years removed from College, it took a little getting back in the groove. :) Once I buckled down it was actually a bit fun.
I chose the book Is That Really You, God? by Loren Cunningham...great book!! Loren tells the story of how YWAM came to be. As he tells the story he shares great points, through personal experience, on hearing the voice of God. Pick it up..I promise you won't be disappointed!
It was a cold weekend here in Nuneaton so being all cuddled up in my hide away was just the ticket!! I got plenty of rest and the book report would get done, finally. I was sleeping so well this morning when I heard something strange....like... a marching band. Certain I must be dreaming, I rolled over and closed my eyes for a few more winks. There is was again!! You know that sound...a really off key trumpet mixed with a little tuba and the drummer pounding away...get the picture? :) So I get up, look out the window and...you guessed it...A MARCHING BAND ON THE FOOTBALL PITCH! (field for all the Americans) Complete with flags, the twirling guns and director!!! The community uses the pitch a good bit. There have been some pretty good youth soccer matches lately...fun to watch!! The marching band definitely caught me off guard. :)
So that was my weekend. Throw in two loads of laundry, a trip to ASDA (walmart family) and a skype session with Hope and there you have it. :) Oh, I also got to talk to my dad for a few minutes. He played in a golf tournament that he and I have played together many times. I hope he won....he and I have won our flight every year we've played. :) Love you, dad.
Blessings!

4 comments:

Hope_G said...

Nice socks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did Tara tell you that her brother has five daughters, all of whom play an excellent round of golf? The third is trying out from the US Open this year... she's 15.

Neither Tara nor I play. I don't think Tara ever has... I am a good scramble guy. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pic! I have not seen you reading a book in a bunk in a while! :-)
DP

Anonymous said...

I have that SAME London Starbucks mug! :)