Thursday, May 3, 2007

Busy week!


Really busy week!!! Rosanna and Jose Liste, from Argentina, have lectured this week on blessing and curses. They have been with YWAM for over 15 years and run a base in London. This has been another great week of learning and growing as a group! Tonight is ministry time with Jose and Rosanna...can't wait!!
Tuesday was missions night for our class. We spent the evening with the leader of Kings Kids..he and his wife taught us many songs and dances that we can use as we work with the children in the Philippines. It was actually fun to dance, sing and be a free to have some fun. It was awesome to watch the children in our group have such a big time!! We have been told that a key to ministry over there is through the children...many times if you can reach the children the parents will follow. It is so exciting to think about what God can do through us if we allow Him the opportunity.
Let's see....oh, Wednesday is baking in the kitchen. Part of my weekly work duty is to bake goodies for our Monday night celebrations. My partners in the kitchen are Christie and Solveig. They are lovely!! Christie is from the Chicago area and Solveig is from Norway. I love Wednesdays....they remind me of the days Sara and I spend baking at Christmas...those are precious to me Loula!!! :)
No work duty this weekend!!! I'm looking forward to walking into Nuneaton for a cappuccino. I'm also to finish my first book report. We do two during the lecture phase and another on the outreach. I'm reading Is That Really You, God by Loren Cunningham. It's a really good book and so encouraging to see how the Lord spoke to him about the YWAM vision...even more encouraging to know that he responded to the Lords voice!
Thank you all for your prayers and I just ask that you continue to lift our group up as we prepare to serve in the Philippines. I will post a picture of our class and staff soon so you can put a face with your prayers.
I'll leave you with the memory verse for the week: For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 1 Peter 1:17-18 Blessings!!

No comments: