Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday at the Lodge



This week was amazing! We were all so blessed by the teaching's and how the Holy Spirit ministered to us. One teaching focused on learning to forgive..others as well as ourselves. Forgiveness is an act of the will, not a feeling. It is important to remember that forgiveness is a process and we may need to ask the Lord to help us. Then Peter came to him and asked, "Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?" "No, not seven times," Jesus replied, "but seventy times seven." Mt 18:21-22 If we can learn to walk in forgiveness, EVERYDAY, it can be life changing! POWERFUL! God wants us to be FREE and walking is forgiveness offers much freedom. Wonderful teaching and a great reminder of how we should live and love one another. There were so many other good lessons this week!
Most of my class went to Cambridge for the day. One of our classmates, Patrick, is from that area. They are going punting...do a google search, it looks like so much fun! I'll give you a hint: involves water. I'm sure they will have wonderful stories to tell...and I'm betting that someone gets wet today. :)
This is my weekend for work duty so I stayed on base. It is a beautiful day!!! The sun is out and the lodge is very quiet. Breakfast is from 9-11 so it is a chance to SLEEP IN... and I did! Lunch is brown bag on Saturday's... sandwich, yogurt, salad and fruit. I had a PBJ sandwich with banana...awesome! As you can tell from the picture above, we all did laundry this morning. :) It is quite expensive to wash and dry so we wash and mostly hang our clothing up to air dry. We are being prepared for the Philippines...all hand wash and air dry! :)
My weekend work duties...cleaning the men and women's loo on the ground floor, kitchen clean up after dinner on Saturday and after lunch on Sunday. It is really a community effort to keep the lodge running and they have it working like a well oiled machine!!
Good news....a fellow Carolinian, Betsy from NC, loaned me her coffee press for a month!!! They found an automatic maker in their flat...she felt my pain for a good cup of coffee. I am running into town on Sunday for a bag of french roast...I can hardly wait! :)
It is such a blessing to be here. God is working in all of us as we prepare to do our outreach. The bonding among us has come so naturally...we all truly enjoy time together...learning, praying and just getting to know one another better. A note concerning outreach...we will be in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines for our outreach. This area has recently been declared dangerous for travel, especially for Americans and Australians. Please pray that God will prepare the way for us to safely visit this area, that he will prepare the heart's of the people to receive His message and that the people who are causing trouble in this area will be exposed. Thank you friends!!! Blessings!

5 comments:

Patrick said...

Cindy

Great view from your room. We had a brillant time in Cambridge and no one got wet. Did you really get up at 6am to do your posting ? Thanks for your duties - we appreciate clean loos ! Patrick

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Will your outreach be connected with the YWAM base in Cagayan de Oro? I found a website http://www.rudnits.com/index.php of what looks like the base leaders there and I was wondering if you'll be involved with the ministry they describe. Regardless of where you end up doing outreach, I know you'll be blessed! We miss you and are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Cindy
I love reading your blog. I miss seeing you, but am so excited for what God is doing in your life. What a great time of being able to internalize HIS truth. You are in our prayers, especially for the mission side. We love you!
John and Charlotte

Hope_G said...

excuse me... is that an old picture from a converse college dorm room?? i bet your clothes are crunchy! i know this is REALLY stretching you, Miss colors separate-no towels with sheets-and fabric softener a must!!

Anonymous said...

I just had to look at the comments to see if any friends who knew you at home would comment on the clothes drying in the room... LOL. Who knew you'd be back in dorm life 20 years later... :)