Monday, April 23, 2007

Week three..already!!






This appears just left of the entrance to Westminister Abbey. I was speechless at the size and beauty.... snapped a photo. London was incredible!!!

This week we are studying Sin and the Cross...the first two day's have been so good. The lecturer this week is Mo Tizzard. She did her CDTS in Kona, Hawaii in 1989 and has staffed several since. She and her husband have remained involved with YWAM over the years, lovely people. (I guess you've have noticed that I take every opportunity I get to use lovely and quite lovely...wish we used the phrase in the states but somehow I think my southern accent could really kill the charm :) Anyway.... Mo has a great teaching style and we all are really enjoying what God has given her to share!!
One of the points I've found myself pondering this week centers around relationship with God. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 The Hebrew word for life here is relationship. Think about that...He is the way, the truth and he is relationship. Two points we have visited many times here.....Learn to hear his voice and have a relationship with him! It all comes down to relationship...He is a God who desires for us to know Him, to know his character, his nature and to have RELATIONSHIP with him. He want's us to want Him. Life is relationship..wow.
So the common theme through three weeks of teaching...learn to hear his voice and engage in relationship with him!! Isn't it incredible to think about how deep his love is for us... I can't get my brain around that sometimes. :) What a wonderful God we serve.

No comments: