Monday, April 30, 2007

Praise and Worship




Mondays are long. :) We ended the day with our base celebration...the base is opened up for the community to come in and join us as we listen to God's word and worship. Tonight was a little different. The crowd of 75+ was encouraged to break into small groups and define praise...then we were to define worship. After tossing around many different definitions, we went back to our groups and discussed how we had worshipped the Lord today...how had we praised him today. This was an interesting exercise....one that I will challenge myself to think about each day. So do we think that gathering on Sunday and singing is the only act of worship we are to engage in? Probably not but I wonder if we all too often settle for something that looks very similar. I know I was challenged by the question. It was encouraging that last weeks memory verse clearly came to mind tonight. Blessings!!!


And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:1-2 NLT

1 comment:

Hope_G said...

What have I done in worship today? What a great question! I sang along to Jason Upton's new cd... does that count? Somehow I think there is more... thanks for raising my awareness - I find myself so dull sometimes!