Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Banana Bread



Tuesday night is family in missions night...we usually learn fun and creative ways to interact with people in order to get the message of Jesus out to them. Tonight we were taught two short dramas/skits that involve the adults and the children...though drama is not my thing, I really want to participate and allow God use me. The children loved this and I think most of the adults warmed up and found it fun as well. :)
We also had a woman who is currently living in India speak to us about what life as a missionary looks like. Patience is originally from Scotland and spent six years here at The King's Lodge training to go on to where God was calling her. Living in India since 2004, she does a great deal of training with the people at YWAM bases...they attend similar classes to the one's we are taking here...She said the language is one of the biggest obstacles but after living with a family for two years and studying she is getting along ok. Her desire is to see God raise up locals to take over her position.... she will then move on to the next adventure.

I thought everyone would get a kick out of my hairnet so I included pictures from today's banana bread baking frenzy...we only need enough to serve 100. :) Sara...maybe we should try this in your kitchen in December...what you think??? ;) Part of my daily work duty is to bake treats for the student's, staff and meetings that we are hosting at the base. My partners in the kitchen are Christi....in the stripes and Solvieg...in the checks. Great fun working with these young women....both half my age...man is it weird to say that. :) But God is good as I feel 15 in my heart!!!!
Well.... only two weeks until we leave for the Philippines. This weeks lecture is focusing on relationships and the importance of unity and communication. Great information and I know we will be glad we had this teaching as the enemy will attempt to separate us as we move into his territory. Would you all please pray that we continue to grow in unity and that the enemy will have no room to operate among us. Thank you for your prayers.

"O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!" Jeremiah 32:17 I pray that I keep this scripture close to my heart...He is the creator of all things!!!! Nothing in our lives is too big for Him!

5 comments:

Sara Lou said...

can we please wear the hairnets? they add so much to your labor of love... i can't lie - you really are a cutie!

Vince said...

It's all fun n' games till you have to put on the Hairnet of Humility. :)

Anonymous said...

Awe and Wonder at the goodnes of God. Love for you and Jealous of you. Soon you will know and soon you will see. May God's glory be with you and over you. May the love of God overflow you that those who only know death will be brought to life.

Amy K said...

Glad I finally got caught up on reading your posts. You seem to be having a wonderfully blessed time. What great memories to have. You are in my prayers!

Hope_G said...

you could always come back home and work in the school cafeteria!!! :) glad you are having fun!!