Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Philippines one week away!


Well...it is just a week away now. Where did eleven weeks go?!! This has been an incredible time of learning...sharing...growing...or forming, storming and norming as it was put to us in a lecture on day 1. :) Many tears...much laughter and a greater realization of just how loving and BIG the God we serve is.
I must admit that I spent week seven wondering why I signed up for this...suddenly I felt like a fish out of water...there is no script for this stuff and we just keep digging deeper!! The challenges of community living...shedding more of self on a daily basis....listening for God's voice in all that we are learning and for what the future holds...fighting to give God all we have, everyday....UNITY!!! Word's can't express how special these people are...I know God will use us to bring hope and life to the people we encounter in the Philippines.
Flights look like this: 21:30 out of Heathrow on June 27th...we arrive at Seoul International at 16:20 on June 28th and depart for Manila at 20:10. Arrive in Manila at 23:00 and will stay the night. We will depart on the 29th for Mindanao..I don't have times yet but will pass along ASAP. We return to England on the 23rd of August and will spend a week debriefing.

Also want to pass along a praise report...four weeks ago we still needed 20,000 pounds for outreach fees, purchasing bibles, feeding the hungry and to buy clothing for the poor. As of today, all outreach fees are paid and we are only lacking about 1200 pounds to have our goal met. It has been amazing to watch God release that kind of money into this!!!!
I thank all of you again for your prayers and ask that you continue to remember us as we prepare to leave. Blessings!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cindy Sue!!

Good luck and God Speed to you. I see that this experience has changed your life, forever I suspect!! I can't wait to hear the stories when you return and hear what God has in store for you next. I love you, and hope that all goes well.

Todd