Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Leaving the Philippines


Hello from Seoul Korea!!

On an 8 hour lay over in Seoul...this was the second flight...the big one, 12 hours on to London will leave at 1:20 pm local time. So we wait... :)

The past ten days have been a crazy.

We finished our ministry in the Philippines on Friday August 17...it was a wonderful week of visiting the places we had been working in for 7 weeks. Tuesday I chose to go to the garbage dump to do more foot washing...it was fantastic. We did some door to door for over an hour, inviting women to join us...I had taken a picture of Elora, her mother and myself a few weeks back..I promised to get it back to them. You might recall my speaking of Elora in my first blog on Smokey Mountain...just a beautiful young woman...I have met and prayed with her and her mother several times since the first encounter so it was a pleasure to take them a picture to enjoy. I went on my way to their house and was happy to find the mother, Macara present. Macara is probably my age and is just LOVELY!! She is suffering from pain in her right knee and hip and can barely put weight on the limb but she was determined to make the foot washing...I think it is some kind of arthritis. I stopped to invite her and to give the picture...I explained that I would be leaving on Tuesday and that I was hoping to see her and Elora on this day...we stood on the side of the mountain..looking down over the garbage and the hillside and both began to weep...I couldn't stop hugging her and the tears were many...it was one of the most beautiful moments I experienced on this journey. I have some pictures of the three of us I will post once in England.
On the last day of ministry, Friday, our entire team went to Tagolan..remember it was a focus community on this trip. We had three ladies from the community and one of our filipina volunteers who wanted to be baptized!! It was amazing to see them in the sea..declaring their love for Jesus!
As we came back into the community from the seaside, a man saw me and my friend Nicki walking along...he called up to us to come speak with him. We went down joined by Malou and Mayet, filipina volunteers...Malou had just been baptized!! Norvin was his name and he wanted to know what we were doing... :) we were more than happy to tell him. It was a fantastic moment...we drew a simple picture of salvation in the dirt with a stick and the girls interpreted...we talked about John 3:16, John 5:24, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-10 and suddenly he said "I want to know this Jesus!!!" It was an incredible moment. We then read Romans 10:8-10 with him and he began to pray and asked Jesus into his heart. Norvin gave his life to the Lord...it really was amazing as simple as it sounds. This kind of thing happed so often in the Philippines and it was special each time. We gave his name to the Pastor of a community church and prayed for LIFE to really begin for Norvin...we left him with a bible and a smile on his face.
I've seen God do miracle after miracle here...last week two of my friends prayed for a woman who was deaf in her right ear...they looked into her ear and saw a large growth that covered the hole of the ear...so she couldn't hear. They cried out to God for healing and He answered...the two women were stunned as they reexamined the ear and the growth was GONE!!! She could hear...they jumped for joy with this woman...all were in awe of what God had done. I was so touched by this story...the tears she cried as she got her hearing back...the tears they cried for her and to see God move in such an incredible way. He is so AMAZING AND SO GOOD!!!
Well, I am off to find coffee... :) I will blog a ton from England and I will finally be able to post a some pictures. Stay tuned>>>
One more thing...the web page is all in Korean so I cannot hit spell check...I've blogged so much that I just know where all the buttons are!!! Forgive the errors!! ;)
Love and Blessings!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I praise God for all He's done through you all. It's just awesome and a great reminder of the God we serve! :)

Vin

Hope_G said...

Where did you get that way cool hat, hmmm?

Patrick said...

Cindy

Great to read your blog. Thanks so much for your encouragement and smiling face on the outreach - a real joy.

Patrick