Friday, July 27, 2007

John 13





Hello everyone!!!
Another busy week!! Hope this finds all of you doing well...I MISS EVERYONE A TON!! Thank you for the wonderful comments...it is great to hear from you.
WOW...where do I begin. Wednesday I went with three young Filipina girls to a local market..we were shopping for second hand clothing and 100 pairs of flip flops. The clothing is piled in HUGE mounds on tables and you just dive in!! I have some great photo's of the excursion but still haven't had a chance to get them put online. Once you see photo's, check past posts and I will try to include the pictures that best fit my post. Anyway...two huge bags of clothing and two huge bags of flip flops...lunch in a local eatery, lots of sweating...three hours later we arrived at the garbage dump aka Smokey Mountain.
Today we were to bless the local men and women with foot washing and a new, clean pair of flip flops...some got clothing if they really needed it...most need it. I washed and my fried Mark read John 13 to the ladies and men. I prayed for them as I washed their beautiful tired feet. I must say this was such a blessing for me...Have you ever washed feet before? I thought I would be a bit freaked out by it but what a pleasure it was to bless them in this way...it was amazing.
God has spoken so many things to my heart through this experience...as we washed feet, the rain came...Smokey Mountain is on a hill and when it rains...well one word..MUD. Mud like you have never seen before...the pigs are definitely in heaven but for the people it is a wet and miserable existence. As the rain came, about 20 of us ran to a small "house" to take cover...I stood outside and was covered by the slight eave (sp) of the roof...God really spoke to my heart at that moment in the rain...I just began to weep for the people. It must be so hard to live this way in the rainy season. Oh, I saw Flora again...I talked about her on last S M post. She and baby are doing well...I took a photo of us and will share when I can...she is so smiley!!
It was a great day...we also washed two little guys hair in the rain...they loved it!! What a day...God is so GOOD!!!!
I have so much more to say but am out of time! Love you all and will post again on Sunday!!! BLESSINGS!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Foot washing has been coming up alot lately for some reason,bless you Cindy this is all so awesome !

Anonymous said...

Good words.