Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tahannan

Hi everyone!!! Thank you for your words of encouragement!!!
God is really working in the area's we are visiting. We visited about 60 homes as a group on Wednesday and saw about 20 people give their lives to Jesus!!! We continue to pray for healing and for salvation of everyone we come into contact with. There were several healings reported on Wednesday...people with chronic pain in their bodies...an elderly woman who had severe arthritic symptoms in her hips was crying and thanking the Lord for healing her. The Holy Spirit is here and he is working among us...I have been so blessed...everyday.
I just continue to thank the Lord for loving me and for the privilege to be here in His name. Today, Thursday 5th, my group visited a boys prison called Tahannan...there are about 40 boys from age 8 to 18 there. The crimes vary...murder, rape but mostly petty stuff including drugs. I was so touched by their gentleness and the HOPE I could see in them. We did several songs and dances...and a drama about the lost goat..you know that one, right??? They don't know what sheep are here so we used goat instead. A young man from California gave his testimony following the drama...it really touched some of the boys. He was in a boys prison six years ago for a two year term...he cried out to the Lord on the bathroom floor and came to Jesus. I could see several of the young boys really study Ray's words...really connect with what he was saying....amazing!!
I played basketball with several of the boys....man they are good players but this old lady held her own!! ;) It was a special day....we will visit this place once a week while we are here. I think we will take clothing and flip flops next time we visit....they were so beautiful!!!
We have to evacuate our hotel for the weekend but will return on Monday. About 70 of us are traveling an hour and a half tomorrow to visit a group of churches. We will sleep on the floor in a hotel...now that is outreach!!! :) I will post more of these details as I get them...may not post til I return on Monday, depends on internet availability. Illigan is where we will travel to...it is safe.
I will post a few pictures soon...not that organized yet.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Blessings!

1 comment:

Sara Lou said...

everyday i can hardly wait to get to my computer and see how God is using you today. thank you for sharing - and for being God's hands and feet there in that place. so blessed with your stories! we're praying and He is moving!
love, s, j & h