Friday, July 20, 2007

Vilanueva

Hi friends!!
Sorry I haven't written in a few days...this week was busy and I was a little under the weather...but all is well and my body feels great!!!
Where shall I start...how about my day off on Monday. About 9 of us..foreigners and Filipino..went white water rafting on the Cagayan River!! It was awesome...I have never rafted where coconut trees drift out over the river..we saw a cow swimming at the end of his owners rope...beautiful tropical birds and so much more. We were on the river by 7:30 so it was a peaceful morning and a wonderful trip.
Now to the good stuff!! :) We have done many things this week. Our group went to the town of Vilanueva today..my translators and Filipino friends Roberto and Malou were with me...we traveled door to door visiting, sharing and telling people about Jesus. We met a lovely little couple who owned a small store...it is located at the front of their small house. They are in their 60's and really wanted to talk. They talked about Jesus and have given their lives to Him but I could just tell they needed encouragement...we sat with them for over an hour and just talked, read the bible and answered questions. We asked if they had a bible and she answered no...Roberto offered his and she broke into a few tears...she said the bible was an answer to prayer...man that was awesome. So many people just want to talk and be loved on for a bit. We found out that Mario has some problems with his lungs due to smoking...we offered to pray for him..they really wanted us to pray as she got up and closed the store so there would be no interruption...this was so cool. That was the first time i have seen anyone close their store to pray. :) The Holy Spirit really ministered to all of us...all five of us were in tears as we prayed of Mario's health and for Teresita as well...it was just a special time. After we prayed we asked if we could visit again over the next few weeks and they said yes...they also let us give their names to a local pastor..he will make sure someone visits them for a bible study...they both want to learn more about the bible. ..it was awesome!!
We met another lady who the Holy Spirit also ministered to...I shared my testimony with her and we talked about life....about disappointment, pain and joy!! She was a precious, precious woman!!! It is amazing how God uses us....I started the day today with not a lot of energy and to be honest..not the greatest attitude...we had worship this morning and I really sang to the Lord and then prayed for a few hours...actually, I prayed up until the moment we started the door to door. I just didn't think I had anything to give today...I almost stayed back for intercessory prayer so that I didn't have to give out...Thank you Lord that you are so FAITHFUL!! He was with me and used me even when I thought I could go no more...I love him so much for that!!!
We are visiting a boys home tomorrow...we will be cleaning the toilets, building beds and ministering to the lads!!! I can't wait...I will write and fill you all in. Love and kisses to everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy and I are sitting here reading your blog and crying. It is absolutley awe inspiring to hear of what you are experiencing. You have learned that it is not about us; how we feel or or well being, but it is about Him and what He wants to do. We can at most be a willing vessel for His glory to be poured out.
We are so excited for you!